Keep Little Rock Beautiful and the Public Awareness committee direct non-profit neighborhood organizations to resources that can help them realize community-driven beautification, recycling, litter prevention, and other improvements projects. The “Love your Block” grant administered by the City of Little Rock is intended to provide grants of $1,000 to Little Rock, Arkansas nonprofit neighborhood organizations for community improvement projects to encourage and promote volunteerism in Little Rock.
The program’s grant application process usually opens in the spring of each year. For more information about selection criteria and future application dates, visit:
Examples of previous projects approved by the city under this program include:
- Footbridge across park pond
- Upgrading of playground equipment
- Landscaping of neighborhood parks or common areas
- Replacement of roofs on community buildings and storage facilities
- Sprinkler systems for parks and flower beds
- Entry signs into neighborhoods
- Installation of house numbers
- Purchase of tools, mowers, weed eaters and landscaping equipment to set up a to-loan inventory
- Storage sheds for neighborhood equipment
- Equipment and supplies to publish and distribute newsletters, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Equipment for crime watch programs
- Litter control activities and equipment
- Park benches and grills
- Summer jobs for youth
- Neighborhood sponsored youth activities
- Youth tutoring programs
- Construction of neighborhood basketball courts.